Hope Christian Academy, in partnership with families and association churches, exists to provide each student with a quality Christ-centered education preparing them for lives of service now and for eternity.
Centered on Christ
As a ministry “centered on Christ,” we give our students “life-changing hope.” Hope Christian Academy
- Is Biblically-based; entire program is built on the truths of the Bible.
- Prepares students to defend their faith through training in apologetics.
- Builds a truth-filled and grace-filled school culture.
- Nurtures each student as a unique and treasured child of God.
- Encourages service to others: “we love because He first loved us.”
- Follows the calling to “go and make disciples” through consistent outreach.
Equipped for Life
HCA “equips students for life” by providing “innovative education” that is based on the four “Cs” of its educational philosophy:
- Christian: Students are prepared for life-long connection to Christ through the truths of the Bible, the sharing of God’s grace, and training in apologetics.
- Critical thinking – HCA builds critical thinking through solutions-based learning, the development of reason and logic, and ongoing opportunities to create and innovate.
- Collaboration – Collaboration is built into the fabric of Hope’s educational program through project-based learning, the fostering of interdependence/connectedness, and the development of empathy, self-awareness, and others-awareness.
- Communication – HCA fosters life-long communication skills by teaching students to communicate with a variety of audiences through writing, producing, presenting, debating, and the art of discussion.
Connected to Others
Throughout its history, Hope Christian Academy has been known for its culture of belonging and “extraordinary connection.” It continues this rich tradition by fostering:
- Low student-teacher ratios
- High student participation
- Collaboration with classmates
- Individual attention from faculty and staff
- Camaraderie, belonging, and school spirit (within its hallways)
- Service to others and its community (beyond its hallways)
- Encouragement in current relationships: friendships, collaborators, teammates
- Preparation for future relationships: marriage, parenthood, citizenry
“Thank you for taking time to meet with my daughter and me today. I absolutely LOVE Hope Christian Academy. This school has everything I am looking for. I really enjoyed meeting the teachers, learning of your Chrstian Curriculum, and close knit community.” – Email from a parent, March, 2022
HCA Ministry Partners in the Detroit Area
- St. John’s Lutheran PK-8 (Westland)
- Peace Lutheran PK-8 (Livonia)
- St. Paul Lutheran PK-8 (Livonia)
- Zion Lutheran PK-8 (Monroe)
- Crown of Life Lutheran PK-8 (Warren)
- St. Stephen Lutheran PK-8 (Adrian)
- Cross of Glory Lutheran PK-8 (Washington)
- Divine Grace Lutheran PK-8 (Lake Orion)
- Darlington, Ann Arbor
- Good Shepherd, Novi
- Immanuel, South Lyon
- Lola Park, Redford
- Our Saviour, Westland
- Salem, Ann Arbor
- St. John, Ann Arbor
- St. John, Westland
- St. Mark, Flat Rock
- St. Paul, Belleville
- St. Paul, Livonia
- St. Peter, Plymouth
- Zion, Monroe
- Zoar, Detroit
- Palabra de Vida, Detroit
- Peace, Livonia
- Redeemer, Ann Arbor
Ranked #2 Best Christian School in Wayne County