Hope Christian Academy encourages students to use their God given talents and abilities outside the regular classroom setting in co-curricular activities.
Athletics is a vital part of the educational process of many students at HCAHS. Over 75% of our students participate in a co-curricular activity and many are three sport athletes. Athletics exist to give a unique opportunity to teach and train students through athletic competition, always keeping in mind I Corinthians 10:31, “So, whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” Student athletes learn to handle themselves during competition using good Christian sportsmanship throughout their high school years and then applying those actions to live a Christian life.
We emphasize the following for all our athletic programs:
- provide a positive Christian image and witness in practice, competition, and in the community.
- be challenged with opportunities for physical, mental, emotional, and social (sportsmanship) development as a Christian.
- experience group concepts such as team play, loyalty, sacrifice, hard work, fair play, common goals, and fulfilling individual roles through competition and play from the perspective of a Christian.
- practice self-discipline and social and emotional maturity as a Christian during competition and pressure situations.
- develop a sense of Christian pride and spirit for the school and everyone involved with the school.
- develop a desire for physical fitness now and for the future.
- develop a level of leadership qualities and skills, with respect to God-given abilities.
Kris Ruth, Athletic Director